Please refer to Class 12 Chemistry Sample Paper With Solutions Set D below. These Class 12 Chemistry Sample Papers will help you to get more understanding of the type of questions expected in the upcoming exams. All sample guess papers for Chemistry Class 12 have been designed as per the latest examination pattern issued by CBSE. Please practice all CBSE Sample Papers for Chemistry in Standard 12.
Sample Paper Class 12 Chemistry With Solutions Set D
1. For a zero order reaction, the plot of concentration vs time is linear with
(a) positive slope and zero intercept
(b) negative slope and zero intercept
(c) positive slope and non-zero intercept
(d) negative slope and non-zero intercept.
2. The most probable structural formula for the compound whose empirical formula is C3H6O, and which can react with Benedict’s reagent is
(c) CH3OCH = CH2
(d) CH2 = CHCH2OH
3. The structural feature which distinguishes proline from other natural α-amino acids?
(a) It is optically inactive.
(b) It contains aromatic group.
(c) It contains two amino groups.
(d) It is a secondary amine.
4. Which of the following rules is not correct regarding IUPAC nomenclature of complex ions?
(a) Cation is named first and then anion.
(b) In coordination sphere, the ligands are named alphabetically.
(c) Positively charged ligands have suffix ‘ate’.
(d) More than one ligand of a particular type are indicated by using di, tri, tetra, etc.
5. Which of the following leads to the formation of methyl t-butyl ether?
(a) (C2H5)3CONa + CH3Cl
(b) CH3ONa + (CH3)3CCl
(c) (CH3)3CONa + C2H5Cl
(d) (CH3)3CONa + CH3Cl
6. For a reaction, 1/2/A→2B rate of disappearance of A is related to the rate of appearance of B by the expression
7. Which element from group 15 gives most basic compound with hydrogen?
8. Which one of the following compounds does not decolourise an acidified aqueous solution of KMnO4?
(a) Sulphur dioxide
(b) Ferric chloride
(c) Hydrogen peroxide
(d) Ferrous sulphate
9. The correct order of the packing efficiency in different types of unit cells is
(a) fcc < bcc < simple cubic
(b) fcc > bcc > simple cubic
(c) fcc < bcc > simple cubic
(d) bcc < fcc > simple cubic.
10. Which of the following will exhibit highest boiling point?
11. The equivalent conductance of NaCl at concentration C and at infinite dilution are λC and λ∞, respectively. The correct relationship between λC and λ∞ is given as (where, the constant B is positive)
(a) λC = λ∞ + (B) √C
(b) λC = λ∞ + (B) C
(c) λC = λ∞ – (B) C
(d) λC = λ∞ – B √C
12. Which of the following reagents cannot be used to oxidise primary alcohols to aldehydes?
(a) CrO3 in anhydrous medium
(b) KMnO4 in acidic medium
(c) Pyridinium chlorochromate
(d) Heat in the presence of Cu at 573 K
13. The correct order of acidity of oxoacids of halogens is
(a) HClO < HClO2 < HClO3 < HClO4
(b) HClO4 < HClO3 < HClO2 < HClO
(c) HClO < HClO4 < HClO3 < HClO2
(d) HClO4 < HClO2 < HClO3 < HClO
14. The data for the reaction A + B → C, is
The rate law corresponds to the above data is
(a) Rate = k[A][B]3
(b) Rate = k[A]2[B]2
(c) Rate = k[B]3
(d) Rate = k[B]4
15. Reaction of cyclohexanone with dimethylamine in the presence of catalytic amount of an acid forms a compound if water during the reaction is continuously removed. The compound formed is generally known as
(a) a Schiff’s base
(b) an enamine
(c) an imine
(d) an amine.
16. An organic compound P has 76.6% C and 6.38% H. Its vapour density is 47. It gives a characteristic colour with aq. FeCl3. P when treated with CO2 and NaOH at 140°C under pressure gives Q which on acidification gives R. R reacts with acetyl chloride to give S, which is
17. Oils and fats are esters of higher fatty acids with
18. At 20°C, the Ag+ ion concentration in a saturated solution of Ag2CrO4 is 1.5 × 10–4 mol L–1. At 20°C, the solubility product of Ag2CrO4 would be
(a) 3.3750 × 10–12
(b) 1.6875 × 10–10
(c) 1.6875 × 10–12
(d) 1.6875 × 10–11
19. In corrosion of iron,
(a) an electrochemical (galvanic) cell is formed in which Fe acts as anode and the site where O2 is reduced acts as cathode.
(b) electrons flow from anode to cathode through the metal while ions flow through the water droplets
(c) dissolved O2 oxidises Fe2+ to Fe3+ before it is deposited as rust (Fe2O3.H2O)
(d) all of the above takes place.
20. Phenyl isocyanide is prepared by which of the following reactions?
(a) Rosenmund’s reduction
(b) Carbylamine reaction
(c) Reimer-Tiemann reaction
(d) Wurtz reaction
21. Zr and Hf have almost equal atomic and ionic radii because of
(a) diagonal relationship
(b) lanthanoid contraction
(c) actinoid contraction
(d) belonging to the same group.
23. Mark the correct increasing order of reactivity of the following compounds with HBr/HCl.
(a) I < II < III
(b) II < I < III
(c) II < III < I
(d) III < II < I
24. Which of the following is most likely structure of CrCl3.6H2O if 1/3 of total chlorine of the compound is precipitated by adding AgNO3 to its aqueous solution?
25. Which of the following statements is not correct?
(a) Methylamine is more basic than NH3.
(b) Amines form hydrogen bonds.
(c) Ethylamine has higher boiling point than propane.
(d) Dimethylamine is less basic than methylamine.
26. At temperature T, a compound AB2(g) dissociates according to the reaction,
with a degree of dissociation x, which is small compared to unity. The expression for Kp, in terms of x and the total pressure, P is
27. Which of the following is correct method to convert p-toluidine to p-toluic acid?
(a) Diazotisation, CuCN, H2/Pd
(b) CHCl3/NaOH, KCN, Sn/HCl
(c) Diazotisation, CuCN/KCN, H2O/H+
(d) Diazotisation, NaCN, NaOH
28. For the reaction given below the values of standard Gibbs free energy of formation at 298 K are given. What is the nature of the reaction?
I2 + H2S → 2HI + S
ΔG°f (HI) = 1.8 kJ mol–1, ΔG°f (H2S) = 33.8 kJ mol–1
(a) Non-spontaneous in forward direction
(b) Spontaneous in forward direction
(c) Spontaneous in backward direction
(d) Non-spontaneous in both forward and backward directions
29. In which of the following reactions, the product shown is incorrect?
30. For H3PO3 and H3PO4, the correct choice is
(a) H3PO3 is dibasic and reducing
(b) H3PO4 is dibasic and non-reducing
(c) H3PO4 is tribasic and reducing
(d) H3PO3 is tribasic and non-reducing.
31. The correct order of decreasing acid strengths of different groups in the given amino acid is
(a) X > Z > Y
(b) Z > X > Y
(c) X > Y > Z
(d) Y > X > Z
32. The equilibrium constants Kp1 and Kp2 for the reactions
respectively are in the ratio of 1 : 9. If degree of dissociation of X and Z be equal then the ratio of total pressures at these equilibria is
(a) 1 : 9
(b) 1 : 36
(c) 1 : 1
(d) 1 : 3
33. Propan-1-ol can be prepared from propene by
(b) Hg(OAc)2/H2O followed by NaBH4
(c) B2H6 followed by H2O2
34. What products are expected from the disproportionation reaction of hypochlorous acid?
(a) HClO3 and Cl2O
(b) HClO2 and HClO4
(c) HCl and Cl2O
(d) HCl and HClO3
35. What is the colour corresponding to the wavelength of light emitted when the electron in a hydrogen atom undergoes transition from n = 4 to n = 2?
36. An optically active amine (A) of molecular formula C4H11N is subjected to Hofmann’s exhaustive methylation process and is followed by hydrolysis, an alkene (B) is produced which upon ozonolysis and subsequent hydrolysis yields formaldehyde and propanal. The amine (A) is
37. Which of the following statements is not correct?
(a) La(OH)3 is less basic than Lu(OH)3.
(b) In lanthanoid series, ionic radius of Ln3+ ions decreases.
(c) La is actually an element of transition series rather than lanthanoid series.
(d) Atomic radii of Zr and Hf are same because of lanthanoid contraction.
38. An organic compound A reacts with methyl magnesium iodide to form an addition product which on hydrolysis forms the compound B. Compound B gives blue colour salt in Victor Meyer’s test. The compounds A and B respectively are
(a) acetaldehyde, t-butyl alcohol
(b) acetaldehyde, ethyl alcohol
(c) acetaldehyde, iso-propyl alcohol
(d) acetone, iso-propyl alcohol.
39. Which of the following statements is incorrect about peptide bond?
(a) C—N bond length in proteins is longer than usual bond length of C—N bond.
(b) Spectroscopic analysis shows planar
(c) C—N bond length in proteins is smaller than usual bond length of C—N bond.
(d) None of these.
40. What is the effect of Frenkel defect on the density of ionic solids?
(a) The density of the crystal increases.
(b) The density of the crystal decreases.
(c) The density of the crystal remains unchanged.
(d) There is no relationship between density of a crystal and defect present in it.