Please refer to the following Human Capital Formation In India Class 11 Economics MCQ Questions. These multiple choice questions have been prepared based on the latest examination pattern, NCERT book and syllabus issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. Students should go through all MCQ Questions for Class 11 Economics with answers as they will help them to prepare for the exams.
Human Capital Formation In India Class 11 Economics MCQ Questions
Question. five year plan recognized the importance of Human Capital
Question. refers to the stock of skill, ability, expertise, education and knowledge embodied in the people
(a) Human Resource
(b) Physical Capital
(c) Human Capital
(d) None of these
Question. What is the full form of ICMR?
(a) International Council of Medical Research
(b) India Council of Medical Resources
(c) International Council of Medical Resources
(d) Indian Council for Medical Research
Question. Which one of the following is a reason for poor human capital formation in India? (HOTS)
(a) Brain drain
(b) Insufficient resources
(c) High Growth of Population
(d) All of these
Question. Which of the following is not a source of Human Capital Formation?
(a) Expenditure on Infrastructure
(b) Expenditure on Education
(c) Expenditure on On-the-job training
(d) Expenditure on Migration
Question. In India, which of the following organizations regulate the health sector?
(d) None of these
Question. In the year Indian Government made free and compulsory education for age group of 16 to 14 years?
Question. Give the meaning of Human Capital?
It refers to the stock of skilled, ability, expertise, education and knowledge embodies in the people.
Question. Name the various forms of health expenditure.
Preventive medicine, curative medicine, social medicine, provision of clean drinking water and good sanitation are the various forms of health expenditure.
Question. What do the differences in male and female literacy rates indicate?
The differences in male and female literacy rates indicate that education in India is gender biased.
Question. How much educational cess was imposed by the government to all union taxes?
2 per cent
Question. What is the difference between Human Capital and Human Development?
♦ Human Capital Vs Human Development:
• It considers education and health as a means to increase the labour productivity, while according to human development, education and health are integral to human well-being.
• Human Capital treats human beings as a means to increase in productivity, while according to human development, human beings ends in themselves.
Question. What are the various forms of Health Expenditure?
♦ These five are the forms of Health Expenditure:
• Preventive medicine − Vaccination
• Curative medicine − medical intervention during illness
• Social Medicine − spread of health literacy
• Provision of clean drinking water
• Good Sanitation facilities
Question. How Education contributes to economic growth of a country? (HOTS)
• Education confers higher earning capacity on people
• It gives better social standing and pride
• It enables one to make better choices in life
• It provides knowledge to understand the changes taking place in society
• It also stimulates innovations
• It facilitates adaptation of new technologies
Question. What is the difference between Physical Capital and Human Capital?
♦ Physical Capital:
• It can be easily sold in the market
• It depreciates with the passage of time.
• It is more mobile between countries
• It can be separated from its owner
• It can be built through imports Human Capital:
• It cannot be sold in market
• Depreciation in Human Capital can be reduced by making continuous investments in education and health
• It is less mobile between countries
• It cannot be separated from the owner
• Human Capital formation is to be done through conscious policy formulations.
Question. How is on-the-job-training a source of human capital formation?
On-the-job-training is a source of human capital formation as it increases the skill and efficiency of the workers and leads to an increase in production and productivity.
Question. Why has India not been able to achieve 100 percent literacy even till today? (HOTS)
India has not been able to achieve 100 percent literacy because of its failure to provide free and compulsory education for all children up to the age of 14 years.
Question.Which five year plan recognized the importance of human capital?
The Seventh Five year Plan
Question. Name the two government organizations that regulate the Health and Education sector.
♦ Health Sector:
• Ministries of Health at the Central and at State level
• Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) Education Sector:
• Ministries of Education at the Union and State level
• National Council of Educational Research and Training